The Rugby League World Cup 2021 (RLWC2021) tournament organisers have today revealed the much-anticipated fixture schedule for what promises to be the biggest and best World Cup in the history of the sport as the men’s, women’s and wheelchair teams all compete at the same time in a major sporting first.
Wales will be represented in the men’s and wheelchair tournaments.
The full fixture list for Wales’ men’s and wheelchair teams is as follows.
- Wales v Cook Island (men’s) – Leigh Sports Village, Leigh – Wednesday, October 27, 7.30pm
- Tonga v Wales (men’s) – Totally Wicked Stadium, St Helens – Monday, November 1, 7.30pm
- PNG v Wales (men’s) – Keepmoat Stadium, Doncaster – Monday, November 8 – 7.30pm
- France v Wales (wheelchair) – English Institute of Sport, Sheffield – Friday, November 12, 11am
- Wales v USA (wheelchair) – English Institute of Sport, Sheffield – Monday, November 15 – 7.30pm
- Wales v Scotland (wheelchair) – English Institute of Sport, Sheffield – Thursday, November 18, 1.30pm
In June, it was revealed that Wales’ men’s team will be using Preston as their team training base, while the wheelchair team will be based in Sheffield.
Jon Dutton, RLWC2021 Chief Executive, said: “This is a huge moment for the tournament and millions of fans around the world as we reveal the full fixture schedule.
“The tournament has been gaining momentum over recent months and global fans can now look forward to being part of this unique sporting event. With match dates and locations confirmed, the excitement will only intensify.
“RLWC2021 will bring together the very best that the sport has to offer and you can see from the schedule that there is no end of world class, not-to-be-missed matches, across all three tournaments.
“We can’t wait to welcome all our competing nations and their fans to England next autumn for the biggest and best Rugby League World Cup to date.”
With 61 fixtures over a six-week period, the tournament will showcase a festival of world-class sporting action. The dates, venues and kick-off times for each of the three tournaments is now confirmed and available to view below and at www.RLWC2021.com.
Please visit the website for more information, details on how to sign up to receive ticket alerts and all the latest news first.